Saturday 28 April 2012

Rainy Day

Another rainy day in Saskatoon.  I hear so many people complaining about how they wish it was sunny and hot, not the rainy dreary weather we are experiencing.  I actually had a comment yesterday that it sucks that it is raining on your birthday.  Little did they know, I enjoy the rain.
Sure the sun is nice but nothing beats a couple of days of rain.  I don't mean torrential downpours but a nice steady light rain.  It washes away the dust and grime of the world and puts on a nice shiny look on everything.  The grass and leaves are greener, the cars are cleaner and the birds sing their hearts out.
I love the sound of the rain on the window of my bedroom when I know I don't have to get out of bed yet.  Or the soothing sound of the rain on a metal roof.  And especially walking in the rain and listening to the sound on your umbrella.
Now, this all being said, yes, a warmer rain would be nice right now because I can't really warm up.  But in a few days when the grass is growing and the sun shines on this new looking world of Saskatoon, everyone will be thankful for the rain.
A quick quote that was on a sign outside of a school...."Rain is God's way of washing away the dirt of our world".

No comments:

Post a Comment