Tuesday 3 April 2012

Have you packed your bags?

I am amazed.  Dating at my age, we all have baggage.  Some more than others but baggage none the less.  So what allows people to judge others because of their baggage and why is it so hard to find that person to help you unpack your baggage.
Of course, the first time you meet someone, you are not going to unpack on them but wouldn’t it make life easier if you could.  Maybe not verbally but in writing.  Have a card with your top 10 baggage.  I bet when you exchanged them, they would be fairly close to the same.  Same stuff, just wrote down differently.  Wouldn’t that make things easier to understand why someone may wait to call you back, not want to jump into a relationship (even though they say they are), expressing their feelings for you but then running the other way when you hesitate or run the other way yourself.  Since my new “dating” life has begun, I had such an instance.  And because I was a strong woman who knows (usually) what she wants, he called me controlling and a bitch.  WOW!  You met me once and stood me up on numerous occasions and I am the bitch.  Maybe controlling by asking for respect.  Funny, once I called him on it, he explained to me that he had just gotten out of a relationship with a very controlling woman.  Huh, do you think that you may need to deal with that baggage a bit before you get into another relationship or at least let someone know?  Am I asking too much?  Funny, once I called him on it, I never heard from him again.  His loss, not mine.
 Someday, my Prince will come.  Maybe.  I am very skeptical.  Don’t get me wrong, there are amazing guys out there.  But really, a Prince, someone who will “love me the way I’ve always wanted”?  How can they love me the way I have always wanted when I won’t put myself out there enough because I am so tired of being hurt and disappointed?  Life is a journey with twists and turns and I will run down the path, taking it all in and enjoying the ride.  Who I am with will determine part of the path.  Will they be the one to join me for the rest of my destination?  Only time will tell.  I could let my heart go again but it has enough scars right now that I will just hold it close right now.  I doubt I will allow myself to completely fall again.  I am sure I will fall but it will take a lot.  I guess because of where I am in my life, that person will have big expectations to fill.  The older I get, the more I know what I want.  I may not always say it right away but it will come out.  I know….damn women, wanting it all but not telling guys what they want.  Yep, we want you to know what we want because we want you to want to do the romantic things.  Guess we are really crazy.  But don’t worry guys….so are you.  We all have a little crazy in us and that brings us back to our baggage.  I am going to try harder at putting those suitcases in the garbage, not just under my bed.  That way, the garbage man can take them away and I can truly be myself.  I hope everyone else can do this too!

No comments:

Post a Comment