Tuesday 3 April 2012

If's in Dating

I came across this picture and thought….wow, someone put something down in writing that I try to think and live by but rarely do.
IF they miss you, IF they want you, IF they care….
I suppose this is all true.  I am sure it is.  Because yes, it is true that if they don’t CALL you, TELL you or SHOW you, they are not worth your time.  But damn it hurts.  Especially when you really feel that connection.  You feel that pull on your heart.  You feel that giddy school girl feeling where your heart races, you can’t focus, you can’t breathe.  And all you want is for them to feel the same, to look at you and want to kiss you right then and there.
At that point is when in the past, I have always thought I must have that desperation look in my eyes and that is what makes them run the other way.  And then it leaves me sitting by myself thinking….ok…what did I do wrong this time?  What did I do?  Maybe it wasn’t me!  Maybe it was them.  I have then, after waiting a couple of days or sometimes a couple of hours, texted them, emailed them, called them…..only making myself look even more desperate.  Yep, cause that helps.
Is it too much to ask for someone to look at me the way they do in the movies?  The love in their eyes, the adoration?
Someday….maybe….I know that I have seen respect in eyes or a thought of how nice I am or how a thought that I am pretty cool but is it the same?  Is it what I need?  What my heart craves?  No.  Maybe I need to lower my expectations.
No, I will not lower my expectations.  I will leave them right where they are.  I am not a bargain basement find.  I am the girl who is kept on the top floor behind the glass because I really am worth that much.  I am not typical and am very proud of that fact.  Why should I settle for typical?  I will not be the one texting.  I will not be the one phoning first.  I will be pursued!

No comments:

Post a Comment