Tuesday 3 April 2012

Keep Calm and Call Mom


Mom, what will I ever do without you!  You are my best friend!  I know we don’t always see eye to eye but we laugh, we cry and I know I can tell you anything.
You have always been there for me.  It is unfortunate that when I really lean on you is when the worst is happening to me.
You weren’t there when I was in the hospital with a broken arm….and look what happened!  The girl beside me got my favorite food and I got crap! =)
You were there when I came home with my boyfriend from the North and in no uncertain terms told me how bad he was for me.  I wish I would have listened.
You were there when I got my gallbladder out and got me out of bed and across that hall so I could go home with you that night.
You were there to plan my first wedding, even though I didn’t like everything you had to say.
You were there to drive me to the hospital in labour, garbage bags and all.
You were there when I had to bury my daughter and try not to kill my outlaws that day.
You were there for me after my first divorce.
You helped me move out of my house and put all my possessions in your basement.
You were there for me when I told you I had to leave the boyfriend and didn’t know how.
You were there to move me from one apartment to another.
You were there when I told you I was getting married….again….
You were there when I told you that I was leaving that marriage.
You were there when I told you I was raped…and you didn’t roll your eyes and tell me I told you so.
You have always been there for me.  I love you so much.  And I love that I can always count on you!

No comments:

Post a Comment